Friday, February 17, 2006

Object of Affection
They look upon me
An object of affection
It is not completely lost
But I should not be looked upon in such a way
The unnatural glance of a man
With no thoughts, just visions
Of what could be, what should be
Because they are themselves
And I fit the criteria at the time
I do what I do, doing whatever I do
But it makes no difference to them
For I am now in their world
A world where they are the center, the star, the hero, the victim
And only God knows the role that I play
Maybe that of the goddess or the evil temptress
Sent to seduce them and leave them high and dry
Only this when things are not going as they've planned
My plans?
To do what I do, doing whatever I do
I am not completely lost
For in my world, I play the part of the heroine
Protecting herself from being abducted into a man's fantasy

1 Comments:

Blogger tripmunk said...

I like this poem. Because it shows the power a woman can over a man. Not Physically but a mental aspect if you think about. This questions men's ideology and idolization when it come to women. But i like how you lightly touch the surface about it and showed that you do have a mind of your own. Now personally i dont see how a man can meet a woman within a couple months and testify how in love he is with her. Thats Ideology I'm talking about..The idea that she can fit his ideas of what he wants. Which usually means he pushing her around and she's going along with it. which she becomes a idol to him. He ask she gives. And when she pushes back..Aww hell breaks lose. LOL,,, I'm stopping b/c i'm getting to detailed.,, I love the peom. Put men and myself in check when messing with Miss Lizzy,, Got me becoming one of your fans,..lol

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home