Friday, October 21, 2005

Promises in the dark

I need a break
My heart is putting logic at stake
I'm taking chances
breaking rules
and making fatal mistakes
All I want is to find that peace within my heart
But the only way to find it
Is for us to part
and the way I guess I see it is I love you too much
Life, although I'm grateful
Has a terrible clutch
The black night, it takes away the memories we keep
But it can't hold back the dreams I have when I'm asleep
I'm at the entrance to a tunnel
There you stand at the end
I try to step toward you but something steps in
It holds me back
and tells me, I'd better turn around
I look behind me for an exit
But there's none to be found
In a way it's love that's holding me
I don't want to be free
And if its love that's blinding me
I don't want to see
All I want to see is you
Please tell me, is that okay
All I want to see is you
And I can't stand the delay
Everyone has an opinion
I don't care what they say
Because when time tells me what time it is
I'll put it away
I'll pack my thoughts up
And later on, my feelings will drift
When you stop, that's when I'll stop
But damn, I'm needing that lift
Time shifts
and in turn, it makes us different people
If I move on I'm advising you, there will not be an equal
To the love I have for you my soul is bare and I am see-through
But dilemma has me boxed
And the choices are not my options
And you have me where you want
You're the key and I am locked in
So I wither away, wishing dearly I had your heart
Instead I'm stuck with your shadow
And your promises in the dark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home