Thursday, October 06, 2005

"I usually rhyme"
I say crossing my legs and uncrossing them
My insides dance, restless
"You know what I mean?"
Who knows what I mean?
Does anyone know what I mean?
...no
The faces I see are usually stone and hard to read
And I don't mind, because I'm used to guessing
Most times, I'm right
Sometimes
And they laugh and frowns fly across their brows
And I disguise the truth in an analogy
in an example
Because truth straight up tastes nasty
but it makes more sense
And then my brow creases, but I am obvious
So simple that I am hard to read
And easy to dismiss
And then I cross my legs
and close my eyes and think
I usually rhyme, just not today

1 Comments:

Blogger THE MAN-FRIEND said...

I just love the way this one flows, and I love the ending line. Damn, girl!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home