Monday, March 06, 2006

And that's why I love you...

Sometimes you wonder why I love you so
But the reasons, I think you already know
The way you smile, the way you drive
Your presence can turn a room alive
The sacrifices made, before we met
The goals you've accomplished, the goals you've set
We're so alike,
our pain our path
Our happiness
Our cries, our laughs
It takes a lot to be a man
There's many who can't
but you've shown me, there's one who can
I can't believe there's someone else out there
Who's just like me
Except more so
And you wonder why I love you
I think you already know
You are so intelligent
You put me to shame
But you're that much more interesting all the same
You don't hide behind a fear of expressing yourself
Your logic so appropriate
Your mind's in good health
You're man enough to admit when you're right, when you're wrong
In spirit and mind, we sing the same song
Life hits us different ways, but I've never gotten the notion
I'd have to babysit your life, or babysit your emotions
So off to separate lives we lead
We give sometimes until there's nothing left
But I never feel a burden in or out of your company
Just the thought of you makes me release a long, deep breath
Of all the people, how'd I meet you?
I think to myself...the two of us
Have known each other all along
The gods have smiled...how fortuitous!

1 Comments:

Blogger tripmunk said...

Speechless about this poem. I love it. After reading it i sat here just looking at it.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home